The winner of this giveaway will win a bow tie of his choice or a free neck tie to bow tie conversion.
I’ve had it in my mind that I would give away a bow tie in conjunction with Reformation Day for a while now. We used to have Reformation Day parties and my husband would dress as Martin Luther and shave a tonsure in his head – which resulted in a very cold shaved-head November. This year, since he has a real job, he’s decided to not be so bold with his costuming and thus, we will celebrate with a bow tie giveaway.
The contest is open to everyone – all you have to do is comment on this page. Also, you can get an extra chance to win by signing up for my new
MAILING LIST. I will use this list to send periodic updates when I add new bow ties to the store or decide to do specials. I promise not to spam you like crazy – I’m really not into that.
I will close commenting at midnight on October 30th and announce the randomly selected winner on Monday, November 2nd. Are you excited? I am.
Please announce this give-away on your forums, blogs, facebook and twitter so that we can spread the word about great, quality, handmade bow ties! Your support in this endeavor is what helps me to price my bow ties so reasonably. It is a community effort for sure.
So, let the games begin… Good luck.
I’ve had a great time seeing the variety of neck ties that people send me to convert into bow ties. The order that I popped into the mail today was by far the most interesting (and difficult) batch of ties that I converted yet. I can tell that the gentleman that owned these ties has used and loved them dearly and it makes me so happy that he’ll be able to wear them again! He sent me 5 ties to be converted: Squirrels, Cheetas, and Swans belted together (one of his wife’s favorites), Bunnies in hats and a vintage J.Press Paisley tie.
I felt like I was putting together a puzzle working around all of the love on these ties. When I finished them up this afternoon, I felt pretty proud of myself. I even was able to salvage the vintage label and sew it back into the bow (his request). I wish I would have taken better pictures, but here’s what I’ve got. Maybe I’ll see if he can send me some shots of himself wearing them.
Also on the agenda for this evening: a frog tie and a bear tie. I have such a fun job.
If you have an interest in having your ties converted, know that the charge is $23 for each tie. You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I’m so excited about this batch of ties! I’ve got a great group of modern and classic ties with an ascot thrown in there for good measure. These babies are totally ready to go and can usually be shipped the same day they are ordered. Please share this website with all your bow tie wearing friends so that they can get their very own one of a kind bow tie. Here are some of the offerings. Hop on over to www.elliesbowties.com for all the ordering info.
The Mocha - Click on Photo for more detail
The Analyst - Click on photo for more detail
The Ombudsman - Click on photo for more detail
The Andrew - Click on photo for more detail
The Regent - Click on photo for more detail
The Triumph - Click on photo for more detail
The Trouble Maker - Click on photo for more detail
The Entrepreneur - Click on photo for more detail
The Educator - Click on photo for more detail
And remember, you can always send me your ties to convert into almost any style you would like. Also, I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve decided to start charging shipping just to help offset my packaging and shipping costs. There is a $3 per order charge so if you order 1 or 5, the shipping charge is the same.
Contact me at email@example.com for more information.
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is the first time I’ve been on a computer for any length of time in a while. A few days ago, my computer stopped working so it is now going to the apple hospital to hopefully be repaired.
I wanted to give you a bullet point-ish post though to remind you that I’m still around and tell you what’s going on over here.
- I’m thinking of starting a mailing list to let you know when I update my online store. Is this something you would be interested in? Do you know of a mailing list service I could use – preferably something I can put in my sidebar? Your help is greatly appreciated.
- My model/husband has been writing a masters thesis nonstop lately and I haven’t really had a chance to get him to model the ties for me, but I promise, more converted ties are coming SOON – like within the next few days. Some good ones for you Trad gentlemen.
- I’m planning a bow tie giveaway for the end of the month. So be looking forward for your chance to get a handmade Cordial Churchman bow tie for free (!) and in the process help spread the word about my ties. More info on that one in a few weeks.
- I’ve made more ascots, they actually are really fun to make and are so soft. Some people have expressed interest so know that they are $23 and I’ll be making them less often than the bow ties so put your bid in if you’re interested. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Apparently, tomorrow is Bow Tie Tuesday, so if you’re a gentleman, get your bow tie on tomorrow. E-mail me pictures if it is one of my ties.
I’ll leave you with this cute picture of my little boy wearing a romper I made for him a couple of weeks ago using my serger. It turned out pretty cute. This was my third time using this pattern. Do you remember the last time I made a romper? It was only 4 months ago and I used the leftover seersucker fabric to make my husband a bow tie (my first tie). It seems like forever ago – I’ve made hundreds of ties since then!